Wednesday, June 20, 2012

{ A Lily Party } Ava's Girly Superhero party

It's been 3 months since my daughter Ava's party and I am finally finding time to post it up!



I know she had so much fun, which is always my goal when I keep the my girl's parties in mind. I had asked her what kind of party she wanted this year, and to my surprise she yelled out, " A SUPER HERO party!" It isn't really considered a girly party, I guess, so princess crowns and fairy wings had to be erased from my mind. The challenge wasn't too difficult, but gathering ideas was a little more like a treasure hunt. 
Like every superhero party, there had to be a London Phone Booth to change into their life-saving outfits! At first, I wanted to really create the scenario of having the kids "actually" change in the phone booth, but I recalled that the children are all under 5 years so it probably wouldn't be as successful as the idea in mind - unless their parents where inside helping them change. Instead, the Phone Booth became a secret hide-out or a place to escape from the bad guys. Who is saving who!? Haha. I got the box from Lowes. Let me just take a moment to thank their AWESOME customer service. The gentleman, one of the employees was kind of enough to hold a few boxes for me. I had originally expected one box because he said that is all they will receive in shipment that morning, but when my husband called  - he said he has a two more available. Usually, they only get a few refrigerator boxes because most of them come wrapped up in wrapping paper ( I forget what kind). Luckily (!!) ... Samsung still provides their fridges in boxes. I called other stores ( I don't want to mention which) but they didn't have any. So, if you want a huge London Phone booth, I suggest you check Lowes first! On a funny note... during that phone call from my husband,  he said, "Your projects are a pain in the butt." HAHA! I know this man loves me :)
As soon as the children walked in through the door they were immediately presented with their Superhero capes, masks, and hair clips! I made the capes myself along with their belts, and arm cuffs. MUCH more CHEAPER!


 I am always on a budget, and I've probably mentioned this way too many times in my blog posts.Therefore, the dessert table was simple. All that was included were cupcakes ( I made), cookies, rice krispie treats ( I made), and Ava's cake ( I made). 



By the way, I did end up getting an extra fridge box and used it for their backdrop! I lined up painters tape (that blue tape) to help guide me with the sunburst lines. Then, I alternatively painted two types of Pink colors which I purchased at Walmart. It worked out great! For a while I had a hard time figuring out what I could use to create the Sunburst because I didn't want to spend money on Fabric! This was so much cheaper, absolutely FREE - except the paint.The city was also made from left over cardboard boxes from our recent move. I cut it up to match her invitation.

 I wanted the parents to have some fun too! So, I made these Supermom and Superdad stickers to pass around. It generated quite the laugh! I'll work on having them available to you soon. Please forgive the low quality photo. It was me and my husband's attempt to take the picture ourselves in such horrible light.


I also made these printable Bam, Pow, and Zap signs which you can get here.



I am a bit shy, but I'll go ahead and include a tiny pic of me and my husband. I swear, this man is my night in shining armor. He lifted me up and said, "take a picture!"


Come the weekend, we went out to the city to take some even more fun Superhero shots! You can see more at my page here.



I hope you found some great ideas here if you have a daughter or son who wants a Superhero party!

Credits

Printable Items : {Me} at My Paper Lily
Cookies :  Not Betty Cookies
Ava's Super hero mask : World of Whimm
Rice Krispie Toppers (cupcake toppers) : Top my cupcake
Bam and Pow hairclips :  The Wannabe Crafter
Other Super hero masks :  Baby Pop
Photography : {Me} Landing on Lilies

6 comments:

  1. I am planning a superhero party for my daughter's 3rd birthday (just a few weeks away). How did you make the cuffs? Also, I couldn't find the BAM/POW signs...can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Yes, how did you make the cuffs and the super hero capes. How much were the masks that you purchased for the girls? I'm having a super hero party for my son in September and want to do something similar to this.

    Also, do you have a tutorial for the telephone booth?
    I have looked for the printables in your Etsy shop, but don't see them. Are they not up at this time?

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this. My daughter is 5 in September and she told me she wants a superhero party, but i don't sew a lick!!! but this is adorable. :) thanks for the great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Ava and her friends look too cute for words, Beca! My son also loves pretending to be a superhero, and whenever there is a party, he would dress up as one less the cape. We tried doing DIY capes at home for him, but it’s only good for a couple of times. We decided to look for capes sold online for kids and got him two pairs. He couldn’t be any happier to look completely like Superman or Batman.

    Mila Wineinger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi beca, would you be willing to let me know how you made the super hero's outfits? So cute!
    Thanks so much!
    shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!! My daughter is turning 3 in a couple of months and just LOVES super heroes!! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...